February 17, 2017
See the article below to find out why more doctors are arming themselves with business degrees:
January 21, 2017
Ralph Clayman MD, Dean Emeritus of University of California, Irvine School of Medicine, has published a new book that has quickly become #1 on Amazon. Amazon link here!
"Having recently served a 5 year term as dean of the UC Irvine school of medicine, I sought to compile a book based on the input from more than half of the medical school deans/vice chancellors of health who had served for 5 or more years in that position. Hopefully, the resulting text, “The Compleat Dean”, which contains a wide range of leadership topics, would be of interest/value to you. Many thanks."
Ralph V. Clayman, MD
January 18, 2017
Each quarter, we will be highlighting one MD/MBA program across the country with a feature story. Here is the first feature, from our very own MD/MBA student, Ben Nguyen, describing the MD/MBA program at the University of California, Irvine School of Medicine.
November 16, 2016
The UCI MD/MBA Information Session was held on November 10, 2016.
September 26, 2016
February 17, 2016
Thurs. 2/18 Entrepreneurship Seminar featuring James Mazzo
February 12, 2016
The Financial Times. "Digital doctors: on a mission to change medicine."
January 21, 2015
MBA for Healthcare
Dr Joseph S. Sanfilippo, Dr Eric J. Bieber, Dr David G. Javitch, and Mr Richard B. Siegrist
"The purpose of this book is to provide the necessary skills to inspire you to take hold of your own destiny and that of patients. This education will change your perspective, like a new pair of glasses. You will see healthcare through the lenses of clinical medicine and business. While medicine strives for healing, business strives for efficiencies, and our profession is desperately in need of both in order to continue our traditional humanitarian values in this new century. Enjoy!"
December 23, 2015
Rich Joseph, Stanford Medical Student, Op-Ed article in LA Times:
"A new balance sheet for doctors"
December 16, 2015
Humana is looking for an MD/MBA for their Physician Rotational Program.
Highlights of the Physician Rotational Program
Be mentored by top company executives with open-door access companywide up to and including the CEO.
Develop capabilities in key business areas including strategy, governance, population health improvement, consumer-centered design, nancial structures, value-based care, data and analytics, government relations and others.
Enjoy clinical-level pay with a exible work style.
Work projects with both clinical and
Continue your clinical practice, if desired.
Physicians they're recruiting
• Are board-certified or board-eligible.
• Have practiced independently.
• Possess a secondary degree – MBA preferred – MPH or J.D. considered.
• Desire career development.
• Enjoy creative and challenging projects.
• Want a team-based approach with exible work style.
November 12, 2015
Kern Family Health Care (KFHC) is looking for a Medical Director.
Some key projects will be involved with include:
- Physician profiling;
- Patient profiling;
- Care gradiant analysis; and,
- Patient Centered Medical Home.Minimum qualifications:
- Licensed M.D. or D.O. in good standing in the state of California
- Board eligible or certification in their area of specialty by the American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS)
- MPH, MBA, or MHA Preferred
- Certification by the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians or the American Board of Medical Management preferred
- Minimum of 3 years medical leadership experience in a managed care organization or clinical setting
- Minimum of five years of clinical practice experience
- History of successful clinical outcomes and ability to analyze data for quality improvement and outcomes
- Have an understanding of quality improvement cycle processes and outcome analysis
Expertise in healthcare delivery systems and quality performance improvement initiatives
For more info, contact:
Rosie Saenz, Executive RecruiterMorgan Consulting Resources, Inc.(702) 948-8679; Cell: (702) firstname.lastname@example.org
November 12, 2015
Held at the Paul Merage School of Business.
October 17, 2015
American Association of Physician Specialists latest press release:
October 10, 2015
November 20, 2014
September 29, 2014
September 8, 2014
March 24, 2014
Congratulations to all the MD/MBAs who recently matched!
October 2, 2013
September 11, 2013
July 25, 2013
June 20, 2013
April 16, 2013
April 15, 2013
December 13, 2012
September 22, 2012
August 12, 2012
July 28, 2012
May 2, 2012
January 30, 2012
January 22, 2012
November 24, 2011
October 6, 2011
September 10, 2011
June 14, 2011